View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1
LockedBreech

Modern Coatings (Robar NP3+ et. al.) and C&R Firearms

Hey all. I did a search and couldn't find this precise topic.

As I prepare to purchase my first C&R firearm (a new-barrel CZ-82 from J&G), I am wondering about the finish. This seems to be the only real issue with milsurp firearms, peeled, scratched, worn, or otherwise non-ideal finish. This is understandable as these are not new firearms. 82s, Makarovs, etc. tend to be otherwise very well regarded for functionality and affordable ammo.

I was wondering, though, if there was anything that would make it impossible to apply a cutting-edge modern coating like Robar's NP3+ to a C&R firearm. Is there anything unique about the older frames and slides that would make this impossible, or a bad idea?

I know that money-wise it doesn't make a ton of sense to apply a $400 coating to a $200 firearm, but I don't sell my firearms. Once I purchase a gun, it stays mine for life unless it's horribly unreliable or I fall on particularly bad times money-wise, so I like to keep my stuff very well cared for and in great condition. I'd be willing to spend the money to have a kick-butt 82.

Thanks for answering what may be a newbie question, I'm only just now starting to look at C&R and at getting my C&R license from BATFE.

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries