View Single Post
Old October 20, 2013, 02:01 PM   #12
engineer88

Weblance beat me to it. The 638 is my go to carry when I am doing anything active and cannot carry anything heavy. Mine sports a Crimson Trace LG405 grip on it and I think it is about as perfect a carry gun as you could ask for. All the talk about snub accuracy makes me nuts. I can hit a B27 in the head ten times out of ten at 7 yards and go ten for ten on the body at 15 in double action. That is draw shoot and put one on it in a couple of seconds or less. What more do ya need for social work? If you like em dark, Smith even has the 438 or you could go full spur with the 637.

The 638 fits your criteria best, but I wouldn't fault ya for going with an SP101 or model 60, 66, 10, etc. I would dearly love to get a model 12 myself. One of the fellas on the board keeps posting his pic of that old beauty and they are rarer than hen's teeth in my neck of the woods.

That all said if it ain't for carry (or maybe even if it is depending on how you like to do so) I have an old 64-5 that may be the finest dedicated 38 special revolver ever made in my opinion. It is bar none the most accurate handgun I have ever fired, even with only a 4" barrel. I would highly recommend one to any revolver lover and they can be had fairly cheap too.

Other than that, the security/speed/etc sixes from Ruger can be had in your range as well.

Page generated in 0.03895 seconds with 8 queries