Thread: bullet loads
View Single Post
Old November 11, 2010, 06:58 AM   #7
4runnerman

Let me reword this. I do spend a lot of time with my family,The reloading process does not take that long. The point im trying to make is when is good enough,good enough. In my mind a golf ball is a very big target,has to be 2 inch round. I don't hunt any more,just kill paper and eggs,golf balls. OK here is where my demented mind lays. I would like a penney at 300 yards 10 out of 10 times. Problem is i think if i ever acheive this i will want something smaller or same thing at 400 or 500 yards. Where do you draw the line or is it that there is no line and one just keeps going till ,, I don't know ,you get to old to shoot or what. I would think the Comp shooters out here keep trying to get better and better. I can't beleive they,once acheive something call it good enough and just stay there, I have to beleive they keep trying to get better and better too.... If you do come to the point that you give up trying to get any better,does it not just become not challenging anymore. Example
week 1-4 golf balls at 300,week 2-6 golf balls 300 yards now im up to 8 golf balls 300 yards.My point is when i get to 10 out of 10 then what?.Call it good and just shoot galf balls at 300 from there on out(sounds boring). My idea is would you not try to keep getting better,either by moving balls farther away or by shooting smaller targets. Making it harder and harder till you just can no longer do it. Then at that point you have a never ending challenge and something to strive for every time you go out to shoot. If i take my 22 out to shoot pop cans at say 50 yards (very easy) week after week i would lose intrest in shooting very fast.. That brings me to my original question. Am i the only one that feels this way?.

Last edited by 4runnerman; November 11, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.03291 seconds with 8 queries