View Single Post
Old July 13, 2010, 04:22 PM   #13
Magnum Wheel Man

Quote:
Disturbed connections do leak and Propane, like water, follows the path of least resistance and seeks lower levels.
a possibility...

the new plastic type pipe at the tank connection is in reality likely the easiest place to leak... that or the regulator outside the house...

I guess if the tank were full it could be an issue... however ( at least for us, & in our current situation ) our tank is either empty or nearly so by spring... the LP is used only for heat... we have 3 heat sources for the big old farm house, & we normally fill the tank in the late fall & use just one fill over the winter...

since I don't want the thread locked, & wanted to discuss this... 50% of my main purpose ( maybe even more ) is to get my guns out of the cheesy lighter weight gun lockers & into a safe room, where they can all be reunited... living in the country, I wory about gun security, & would want my safe room to be much more secure than the tin gun lockers...

seems this is the newest big thing for safes / safe rooms, is to make them multi purpose... my basement is nearly fully finished, & I would finish the outside of this room ( probably with sheet rock ) on the interiour room walls so it blends in & disappears... the steel door would hide behind an interiour wood door only 10ft from my bed... it would make a safe retreat for my wife, while I explored the possiblity of a home break in, a safer place than just the basement for a tornado... a safe place to store all my guns & loading equipment... win... win... win ???

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries