View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 05:02 PM   #11
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I think less than a true "shocker" unexpected scenario would be a waste of time. I will likely pay for one of the better classes or better yet host the instructor so her class is free. But the pouncing attacker in public is just out of the question... I know if I witnessed such an attack the poor guy would be hospitalized no matter who's daughter was getting training.... I think intentional plain ol' walks with the lesson being just awareness is a big step in the right direction. Physical self defense, martial arts type maneuvers is surely beneficial but I prefer my daughter limit these skills by being aware enough to stop or stand off the assault from further than arms reach. I may not be saying this right so please forgive me if I sound like I am wanting either a trigger happy shooter or a daughter too lazy to fight thus choosing to shoot. I would like to know she makes a good call on threat level and chooses only to shoot when it is an obvious self defense situation. most important I want an aware daughter capable of self defense. Safety is a must with any gun. But I do not want to get word that my little jewel was the victim of violent crime.
On a side note she seen a commercial for a John Stossel special that will point out that parents have 2 standards with regard to teens and sex. Boys are just sowing their oats but daughters are held to a different standard. She pointed out that junior, while 17, had a tryst and was later accused of bein' a future daddy (lucky for him it did not come to fruition) and momma approached it like "well son what are you gonna do" Brianna said "What if I came home and said I may be pregnant?" I gave her the grin she understands so well and said "Simple... I would say honey, Give the feller a call, we need to have a talk..." She said "SEE MOMMA DADDY WOULD KILL HIM...!!!"
Brent

Page generated in 0.02173 seconds with 8 queries