View Single Post
Old June 3, 2014, 12:50 PM   #1
jbcricket

vepr 308 or saiga 308

I know this is probably a tired question but i'm totally new to the AK world and for some reason just recently decided i have to have a 308 AK of some sort. I think i have narrowed it down to either the vepr II or the saiga. I know i'm gonna get a 16" barrel and would like to put a few minor mods on it. I would definitely do the conversion on the saiga. I'm thinking i would put the texas weapons systems dogleg rail on it with a peep sight in the rear and probably move the front sight to the gas block and put a smith vortex flash hider on. I like the saw grip and either a collapsible ar style butt stock or a short AK style. I'm just having trouble deciding between these two rifles. It sounds like the general consensus is the vepr has a better fit and finish and some say more accurate, also the receiver is thicker on the vepr. Some say the saiga has a thicker barrel and some say the vepr is thicker. It sounds like the saiga is compatible with more AK-47 parts than the vepr which i feel is a plus for the saiga... I'm seeing good things about both and honestly i'll probably buy which ever one i come across first for a decent price, but i figured i'd ask around and see what people who have experience with these rifles think and what the actual differences are between the two... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02700 seconds with 8 queries