View Single Post
Old March 5, 2014, 04:53 PM   #64
JimDandy

Quote:
Effective or not, i love it! Plus you'll have the added onus of likely getting kicked off the jury by one of the attorneys.
Like discussions of self defense situations, it's easy to write what we think we'd do in such a situation. Actually doing it is far different. And as Ms Brandborg found out could result in jail time.

Quote:
It's your claim that the questionnaire violates one or more constitutionally protected rights.
To be correct and accurate, that isn't my claim. The claim was made by
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyfly
2.) I'm not sure it's legal.

3.) I'm pretty sure it's a 4th A violation to ask (from a federal court)
At which point I extended the question-
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandy
As has been mentioned, answering the question is compulsory. Couldn't that, in theory, make you an Agent Of The State?
which assumed a search of your memory of your house was similar enough to a search of your house itself. I also drew a comparison to a similar 5th Amendment/Gun Registry case with the sadly unasked question of how one would be ok, and the other not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ettin
Not every governmental annoyance or perceived impertinent question is a violation of a constitutional right.
Nor does that mean every perceived impertinent question it NOT a violation of a Constitutional right.

I'm going to assume you and I were posting at the same time, and so you haven't seen the Brandborg case I cited yet that found a juror's right to privacy in the 1st and 14th amendment apparently, at least when the questions aren't established as relevant to the case they're being used on. Or some such.

Page generated in 0.05168 seconds with 8 queries