View Single Post
Old March 27, 2013, 09:42 AM   #35
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
What would happen if 100 or more men showed up at the local town square, formed up, said the pledge of allegiance, saluted the flag, and someone did an inspection? Every man would have a full kit, rifle, sidearm and ammunition. There would be no standard uniform or "unit". They'd then disperse and go home. No running around the woods, no diatribes against tyranny, the UN, or anything else. It would not be associated with any sort of protest. It would be a simple activity in an open carry state.
What would happen? You already described it. A 100 or more men showed up at the local town square, formed up, said the pledge of allegiance, saluted the flag, and someone did an inspection. Every man would have a full kit, rifle, sidearm and ammunition. There would be no standard uniform or "unit". They'd then disperse and go home. No running around the woods, no diatribes against tyranny, the UN, or anything else. It would not be associated with any sort of protest.

So aside from the fact that the act would disenfranchise potential female members, nothing of any sort of realistic societal benefit would occur.

Quote:
The purpose is to exercise a right not used in a long time. The people have not organized themselves in a long time. The idea is to show up, be counted, recite the pledge, show your rifle, and leave. Why does it have to be so difficult?
The people? Really? You are proposing a group of 100 or so and are calling them "the people"? If 100 or so are "the people" then the people regularly get together in various parts of the country and do a lot of what you are talking about. So do run around in the woods. Some worry about tyranny, but they do assemble and consider themselves to be militia.

Stand up and be counted? What does that mean? You mean something like where a census is taken of the attendees' and gear data and put into a database?

Quote:
We do not need more civilian or military government agents.
I am sorry, but your posting sounds very fringish, but even if it wasn't and as noted previously, sounds like a monumental waste of time in regard to your apparent intended purpose. Your premise is in error that people haven't done this in a while. You just haven't been a part of any of the groups doing it.

Page generated in 0.03039 seconds with 8 queries