View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Famas

Problem shipping flintlock...need advice

Hello - I originally posted this question in the Laws and Civil Rights thread, and was recommended that I re-post my question here.

I recently made a purchase of a replica flintlock musket from an individual in Virginia. I live in Indiana. The seller has informed me that his MBE guy (what does MBE stand for?) will not ship this musket from Virginia to Indiana without an FFL. This is the first time I've heard of this. It is my understanding that in recent years there have been some changes made to BP laws from state to state. Is it the carrier that is causing the hold up? (USPS, FedEx, etc?) As far as I know, there are no such restrictions in Indiana...is it more restrictive in VA? I've looked on the NRA-ILA site concerning state laws, but nothing specific concerning a black powder musket.

Anyway, the person I work for is an FFL holder, but he is also confused by this FFL requirement for shipping a flintlock. As of now, the transfer is being held up on this technicality. Can anyone help with advice or thoughts?

Thank you.

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries