View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 11:38 AM   #49
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Perhaps we need to have a gun parts day where we flood Google's servers with searches for firearms related parts and accessories. Data overload can be a cathartic experience.
I don't think you understand how much bandwidth that would take. "We" don't have the manpower or hardware to do such a thing.

Furthermore, even if we did, what would that achieve? It's the online equivalent of vandalism, and such a thing would only lead the writers of the policiy to feel that they were vindicated in the first place.

Here's the thing: how many times a day does the average person use Google for a routine search? And how many times do they pay for it? None.

So, a private company decides they want to monetize part of a service they offered free to the general public for years, and they decide not to include certain categories of items and services. Running a website, a search engine, or an online service isn't a charity, and some folks need to reconsider the sense of entitlement.

I'm not seeing a vicious attack on the 2nd Amendment here. All I'm seeing is a private company trying out a new business plan.

Page generated in 0.02436 seconds with 8 queries