View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 09:06 AM   #11
locnload

I have kept guns readily available for many years as did my father before me. I do believe that the likelyhood of having to defend yourself from the "Thug Culture" has increased greatly because of Political Correctness and our collective inability to deal with problems quickly and directly. Of course, years ago we would not have been shoping at Walmart at 2 in the morning so our exposure to potential victimhood was much more limited, less food for rats, fewer rats come out at night. Used to be if they wanted to victimize you they had to come out to the farm at night and get past two or three dogs and the 12 gauge behind the door.

Lax immigration policies, a revolving justice system, and a generation of young people that as they used to say, "aint had no bringen up". Add to that, a Ho Hum economy and a perception of having nothing to look forward to, sprinkle in some political manipulation by both major parties as well as several special interest factions with dubious intent, and you have the recipe for a very unpredictable social stew, we had better all be watching our backs.

I saw true violence in Viet Nam in the early seventies, its nothing new. It has been happening in various places around the globe forever. We see it everyday now because of the 24 hour news availability and because people with an agenda want use to see it over and over again until we demand that "someone do something about it". For every sick,starving, sad looking child we see on the news there are millions more around the world who get no attention. If we feed them, we are interfering with another contry's soverienty, if we don't, we are heartless. I think the best we can do is try to take care of our own families and our communitiies.

Page generated in 0.03104 seconds with 8 queries