View Single Post
Old May 12, 2006, 03:44 PM   #16
Edward429451

That's all good advice so far.

To clarify about getting reloading data from the errornet...

Don't take the loads quoted by people as any sort of an absolute, and by all means, double check the data with a manual and reduce and work it up and all that, that goes without saying.

But you dang sure can get good info from the internet. The thing to look for is consensus across the board about the issue. Even if the posts are not proof read par se, My experiance has been that if someone posts something dangerous or stupid, they get called on it. You really have to have your ducks in a row when posting something or (usually many) people will jump right on you and set it straight. If its good info, people will agree or at least not dis agree.

There's a heck of a lot of good experiance on the internet that should not be discounted. Just use your head though. When a guy says 'I've had good luck with XXXX powder at XX.X grains', don't go load that weight, just take the powder recommendation and work it up yourself. Like that.

Manuals have had typos too. Not often but it happens. Nothing I've said discounts in any way the fact that you should gat a load manual or three though.

Page generated in 0.02035 seconds with 8 queries