View Single Post
Old April 17, 2009, 02:26 PM   #1
KLRANGL

Arguments used in the Brady Campaign website

So every once in a while I read through the anti gun websites just to see what they have and whether their information and arguments are correct/valid. I'm no experts at either debate or statistics, so I was curious as to what retorts you smart folk out there would have for some of the arguments listed in the anti-CCW section of the Brady Campaign have.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/issues/concealedcarry/
Specifically to references of lax CCW laws = more crime, and CCW permit holders not being law abiding citizens.

Quote:
Between 1992 and 1998, the violent crime rate in states which kept strict CCW laws fell by an average of 30%. The violent crime rate for the states that had weak CCW laws during this same time saw their violent crime rates drop by only 15%. Nationally, violent crime declined by 25% during that same period.
Quote:
From 1996 to 2000, Texas concealed handgun license holders were arrested for weapon-related offenses at a rate 81 percent higher than that of the general population of Texas, aged 21 and older. These weapon-related offenses include arrests for 279 assaults or aggravated
assaults with a deadly weapon, 671 unlawfully carrying a weapon, and 172 deadly conduct/discharge firearm.

Page generated in 0.03682 seconds with 8 queries