Thread: wolves
View Single Post
Old January 15, 2014, 09:22 AM   #59
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally posted bybcarver:

I don't think honest and frank conversations about the truth should ever be stopped. I will admit I shoot bobcats and raccoons because they kill turkeys. I only kill them where I hunt and I am not sure of the season or limit. This is the feeling of many where I hunt
I have no problem with folks shooting predators as long as it's legal and ethical. 'ell, I shoot every 'yote that comes into range. Same goes for fox and raccoon. Just as I have no problem with the hunting of wolves within legal parameters. But I know the season dates and bag limits. The NWTF recommends the control of those predators that target turkeys as prey, but they also recommend one do so within legal parameters, not just because you can. Not knowing the season or bag limits does not make it right and I assume is the number one reply when confronted by a warden because of violating. Violation of game laws when one's life is not in immediate danger is poaching, plain and simple. No matter how one wants to justify it to themselves and to others. Same goes for condoning it to others. Hunting in an area of where many folks don't care about season dates or bag limits is not the area I would would want to have to hunt. Not caring myself and having a circle of friends that do not care about season dates or bags limits would tell me something about my own ethics. This is my honest and truthful conversation on that subject.

Page generated in 0.03542 seconds with 8 queries