View Single Post
Old December 14, 2011, 11:13 AM   #16
tirod

IIRC it came out that these are made in the same plant that also manufactures components for Eotech and Aimpoint. Only contract sales to Uncle Sam require manufacture on US soil, there seems to be no distinction in price for an optic sold on the civilian market, tho.

As a counterman in auto parts, it's virtually impossible to get some repair or replacements that are Made In The USA. We as a consumer have failed to pay the higher labor costs we demand as a salary. Therefore, we buy brake rotors for $35 rather than $85 each, ad infinitum.

It certainly is up to the individual. What I find appalling is the lack of honesty in selectively ignoring the issue when it comes to firearms, when many of the daily things we use are never questioned. We buy on price far more than quality, and most of us never consider their advantage in money only exists when they deliberately play off their own citizens labor rate to pay a foreign worker less. And they fill storage units with the excess, paying rent on things they refuse to use or sell.

There's more than one AR15 manufacturing plant overseas, no one really know for a fact every single part in it is Made in the USA. Ironic for someone to insist their gun won't have foreign made optics on it - Aimpoint is Swedish, most 1911's are imported now, the forums full of posts on Wolf ammo. Clamping a questionably US sourced optic on an upper actually from Korea is exactly the point - the true origins are concealed to a high degree.

I look forward to the day I can build a hotrod with engine cast in Windsor, Ontario, a transmission assembled in Mexico, and differential imported from someplace Dana won't say. At least I know it - and I do have a Lucid on my short list. I'm a working American with a degree, veteran, and my fellow citizens simply won't pay me what I'm worth. They just pay what I'm willing to do.

Page generated in 0.03205 seconds with 8 queries