View Single Post
Old April 30, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Friday Feral Field Lion DOWN!!! Called in... NO PICS...

*DISCLAIMER... I NO LONGER POST PICS OF MY "CAT KILLS" SINCE SOME THINK IT IS CRUEL TO PROTECT MY STATE'S NATURAL RESOURCES!!!

Well Friday I had been out to the farm my dad is on and had struck out bassin'... We shot a few tubes of .22lr thru my Winchester 190 (round-a-bout acquired from a recently died viet-nam vet) and several thru my dad's new Henry carbine .22.

After wifey got home I was wanderin' around lookin' for a late workin' tree rat but all was quiet in the tree tops...

Decided to make a walk to the barn and make sure no feral cats had moved back in yet.... None stirred in there with a few of my "mouth squeaks" I have done since 6 or 7 years old...

Stood in the back opening (door fell off years ago) fired up a smoke and gave a quick series of squeaks... Not one pull on the cigg was complete and I see what looks like a little black "Scotty dog" lookin' black head top and ears, literally, bounding in from the north east corner of my 5 acre spread...

I DO NOT SHOOT LOOSE DOGS!!!! But a cat has a short lifespan on my place... Our ecology cannot support their highly efficient and indiscriminate predation...

One real fast squeak series and silence... Critter sits down to figger out where it went and gives me 100% positive ID on a long hair pure black cat at 75-85 feet...

Leveled the irons on CoM front on and laid to the trigger... BANG FLOP... Field Lion vanishes for a split second then the fluffy tail stood straight up and gave me the sign that a follow up shot was not needed...

If a person wishes to own exoctic pets, they need to keep them in the house or at least in their own yard...

Florida offers no protection for these vermin and evens considers them to be an "non-native predatory specie"....

I just wish there were many more with my short tolerance of these nasty killers of wildlife...

Brent

Last edited by hogdogs; April 30, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spellin' correction

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries