Thread: M24/47 vs M48
View Single Post
Old April 19, 2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Sailr_2

M24/47 vs M48

I just picked up a mauser. It is marked M24/47 on the left side of the receiver/barrel. It has a straight bolt like the M24/47, but has a stock like a M48 with the hole in the stock for the sling. The stock is old and well mated to the barrel and receiver and looks as though it has always been on the weapon. The bolt and receiver have matching serial numbers. I have looked on the internet and found a kinds of variation on the M48 and M24/47. The stock on the gun I have does not have a recessed area for the bent bolt handle. Some of the M48s I see have the recessed area and some do not. None of the M24/47 I've seen has te sling cut out in the stock and does not have the recess in the stock for the bolt. Does any one know if perhaps when the rifles were rearsenaled that they replaced stocks on M24/47 with M48 type stocks. Has anyone seen a rifle such as I described? I thought it may have been bastardized recently, but the fit is too good. I can't see anyone wasting their time to restock as rifle that wouldn't increase the value of the weapon, but there are some strange people out there. Any info anyone can share with me would be greatly appreciated. I can't send a picture right now due to torn rotator cuff.

Thanks
Sailr_2

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 8 queries