View Single Post
Old January 3, 2005, 07:22 PM   #36
Dwight55

Mr. Ed, . . .

I really don't want to get too deep in this conversation, because I will most likely turn on the flamers and you do seem to be the type of person who has some compassion and care for your fellow human.

Unfortunately, part of your last post "(this is different from actual warfare, thank you)" needs to be seriously addressed.

No, my friend, there is absolutely no difference between the:

1) Viet Cong who ate food given by the UN charities by day, . . and did his/her level best to kill the US forces by night.

and

2) The Iraq/Afghanistan/other Arab who wants to slit an American throat, . . . to say he/she did it.

and

3) The neighbor kid/local punk/or other bg that will with no regard whatsoever to your past sacrifices for his/her welfare, . . . attempt to take by force any and all they want, . . . and disregard your life, health, and welfare all in the process.

True, they eat different foods, speak different languages, and wear different types of clothing, . . . but they all are kindred spirits to the thugs who built and ran Aushwitz, planned and executed Pearl Harbor, took down the twin towers in NY, and will cut your throat in a second: in a New York heartbeat, if it would get them another high, another 12 pack, some plunder to barter, trade, or sell.

No, . . . you need to come to the realization that this is indeed war, yes the rules are a bit different, . . . but if you keep your back to the wall, . . . make sure you are justified, . . . you should be OK. At the least, remember the old trite saying, . . . it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 8 queries