View Single Post
Old January 25, 2011, 03:05 PM   #14
MLeake

A Batman belt might be over the top...

... but then again, I tend to go with cargo pants most of the time.

I usually have my primary CCW (usually a CBOB .45), with a spare magazine; sometimes, it's accompanied by a PM9 or 442 in one of my pockets (though this is usually in cold weather, with the BUG in an outer coat pocket for ease of access).

I also normally have a knife of some sort or another, which is a habit I picked up as an 8 year old in Maine (Swiss Army back then; Leatherman these days, and often a folder of some kind).

Add a flashlight to the mix (the light switches in my carport/basement entry are NOT well placed, so I need the light when I get home after dark; besides, lights come in handy elsewhere with some frequency).

Now throw in a cell phone (I think it's an absolute necessity to have a phone, if I'm carrying a weapon; if the weapon needs to be used, an immediate 911 call is in order).

Of course, a wallet of some kind is required, for DL, CHP, etc.

Looked at in the aggregate, a Batbelt doesn't seem that outrageous. I know I end up with very little room to spare in my pockets, using a normal belt/rig.

Oh, as far as first aid goes, I don't carry first aid gear on my person, normally. But I do have kits in my truck, and in my range and hunting bags. I also have a fire extinguisher in my truck.

Hope all this doesn't qualify me for a tin-foil hat...

Page generated in 0.03970 seconds with 8 queries