View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 08:44 PM   #33
3.Shot.Group.

I remember when I first entered the military, one of the first ranges we went to during basic training was a pop up range with human silhouette targets.

At the time I didn't have any views or opinions on the matter, but the fact that we were shooting at targets that looked like humans really struck home and made me realize just what we were training for.

It didn't take me long to completely forget those feelings, and adopt a completely different mindset about it all, one that I won't share for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who's ever served in a combat unit.

Point is, I was in the military, and was conditioned to not only accept, but to embrace the idea of shooting human beings; However, I wouldn't expect a civilian who has no experience with guns to warm up to the idea so easily.

If the goal of the shooting is for fun, I'd go with bull's eye type targets, if the goal is self defense, then at some point you'll have to get it across to them that they might have to actually shoot another human being.

Something about shooting zombie type targets at Halloween disturbs me though.

Page generated in 0.01856 seconds with 8 queries