View Single Post
Old July 14, 1999, 06:49 PM   #16
many

dear fellows:calm down a little bit,every one has it's preferences about martial arts as long as many loves M1911 .45 acp and some loves wondernines,and even reaching the new milenium there are people who loves revolvers.
A word here, I thinks there is no ultimate martial art,some lyke the tkd others kung fu,a the new craze the ultimate fighting and gracies style.
Yes the mod are jujitsui the gracie's way,but I think too that the person is more importante than his/her style,I've seen tkd against street fighters (persons who never taught a martial art classes) and the street fighter beat the black belt so badly.
I trained for several years tkd and yes I left the classes cause tkd classes were towards the olimpics and they trained for competition only (I love self defense empty hand),yes the flying kicks are wonderfull to see but impractical in real combat,for that matter I trained some shotokan karate and some aikido.
I think you should read my post SUDEN REACTION in the street you have to be very nasty (bitting,eye poking,troat smashing) to don't be beaten,forget the chokes,high kicks,be simple fast and nasty.
I want to train kempo karate I think is has it's place in martial arts sadly in my town there is no a dojo of kempo.
stay safe,the best form to avoid a confrontation is not to be there,behave yor self,and always run,only fight when there is no place to run and fight dirty and nasty.
many the mexican kid.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries