View Single Post
Old March 1, 2014, 11:35 PM   #12
TheFineLine

WASRs are Romanian not Yugo. WASRs came with 10 round magazines and Century (or whomever) hogged out the magwell and put in a couple of small plates to mitigate the mag wobble. They are the bottom of the barrel for AKs. Don't buy one you can't inspect. The same goes for any Century products. I have a Century Polish PMKMS and it is a fantastic shooter. I picked it out of a large lot and got the best one. Good AKs; as previously mentioned Arsenals are great, then Polytech, Bulgarian, Polish, Yugo (good rifles but parts aren't as common), Norinco, and Romanian in that order. I don't know why you wouldn't want a bayonet lug. It's a small piece of metal under the gas block. It would certainly help with resale. To my knowledge most come Parkerized, not blued. In a very humid climate they'll all need attention. Here's a pic of my Polish. I have since found a Polish PKM laminate grip and replaced the bakelite. Thats a Texas Weapons System dog leg rail with peep. It replaced the rear leaf sight and pretty much doubled the sight radius. 3,000+ rounds now and still hittin 3ish moa (the dot is 3 moa so.....). 22 cents a round, you just can't beat'em.

Page generated in 0.02157 seconds with 8 queries