View Single Post
Old April 5, 2012, 04:50 AM   #26
rjlevesquejr

First of all, YES Zimmerman screwed up...but, as a Floridian for about 7 or so years now please let me explain something to everyone else who doesn't live here. (Especially Orlando, Tampa, or Miami) Road rage is worse here than I have ever seen anywhere in my entire life, and I have been all over the USA. So, with that in mind. I have been harassed by police here over and over, for nothing. My first year here, I was pestered by police, for no reason at all, more than I ever was my entire life where I was born and raised, and I am age 45. One evening I had a driver in a huge truck punch the gas when the light turned green and slam right into my back end (PT Cruiser) shooting me into the intersection. Then he squealed tires backwards (as I think holy crap he's high and going to hit me again) then speeds off to the nearest exit ramp. When the police arrive (Orlando City Police) the officer tells me they can do nothing because I had no tag, even with an excellent description of the truck and that (get this) next time I should chase after whomever hit me and call it in while following them. Sounds like the same kind of idiot advice this poor dead man got to me!

The police need to be PROPERLY trained to handle ANY and ALL situations CORRECTLY. That having been said, doesn't it make sense 911 operators should too? Nurses nearly know as much if not more than the doctors, I think so should 911 operators. Oh and BRAVO! to those 911 operators who do their job well and truly care about helping those in need.

Our police are getting worse and worse people to deal with because the general populous is getting more and more stressed thus creating even more troublesome criminals than before. BUT!!!! This is NO excuse for professionals to start acting out, losing control, bullying, etc. THEY MUST REMAIN PROFESSIONAL AT ALL COSTS! If you can't, cya, there are plenty of others to do that job. Train our police better, teach them they aren't GOD because they wear a badge, their true job is to SERVE and PROTECT citizens...not POLICE them like everyone is a criminal and we all live in one big jail!

And for GOODNESS SAKES TRAIN our 911 Operators properly, screen them MUCH better, and watch them CLOSELY!

There is so very little common sense in the world it truly scares the living hell out of me...

Page generated in 0.03456 seconds with 8 queries