View Single Post
Old March 28, 2010, 09:12 PM   #1
jersey_emt

SIG Sauer P6 broken trigger bar spring, where to get replacement?

I was shooting my SIG Sauer P6 (P225) at the range this weekend and the trigger suddenly felt like it was disconnected. At home I field stripped the gun and found nothing visibly wrong. The hammer still cocks, the decocker still works, and the slide stop also works fine.

I took off the grip panels and found a broken piece under the right grip. I identified it in the manual as the trigger bar spring. It's broken into 2 pieces.

I bought the gun (used, obviously) in September 2009 and have put approximately 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. I do not know its level of use prior to purchase, but the gun is in excellent condition with just a little bit of holster wear. This makes sense as it was a police-issue pistol in West Germany in the 1980's. The rifling in the barrel is in great shape, as are all the parts visible with the gun field stripped and the grip panels removed, which would lead me to believe that it was carried often but not extensively fired.

Where can I get a replacement trigger bar spring? Does SIG Sauer sell them? Is there a retailer where it would be cheaper?

Also, while I'm replacing the spring is there any other parts that should be replaced, or any other preventative maintenance that should be done?

Thanks for your help.

Please check out WhichGun.com, a firearms reference and buying guide.

Page generated in 0.03030 seconds with 8 queries