View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 01:50 AM   #4
jabba21

As far as price, I think I did fairly well. I traded around for it and only have about $440 in it. It was luck mainly.

CDNN was selling used Gen 2 Glock 22's a few weeks ago for $320 ($340 after transfer to FFL) and I thought "that's not bad, I could probably use this to trade on". I bought one, had it a few days, and a guy offered to trade me a nice Beretta 92FS for it. He initially wanted some boot on my end but I declined stating I'd prefer to trade even on something (I was really hoping just to trade it to a Gen 2 Glock 19 but I digress). Anyway, a day later, the guy with the Beretta gets back with me and says he'd like to trade even. Of course, I make that trade.

The same day I get the Beretta, I walk into my LGS and the Colt Peacekeeper is laying there with a price tag of $650. I thought that was a very reasonable price anyway. I look at for a bit and the owner flat out states he will take "$625 out the door" before I even ask him anything.

I ask him what he would take on the Beretta 92FS and a long story short, I gave him the Beretta and $100 for it. I was very happy with it. I guess I was just meant to have that gun.

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 8 queries