Thread: Bullseye gun
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2008, 10:09 PM   #9
mtlucas0311

I agree with several of the previous posts, if you can get a used match gun, do it. But I would have it checked out by some one who knows .45 match guns, not just a general gunsmith, if possible. My first bullseye gun was a 70 series ball gun. I feel it made me a better shooter to use that for all the matches (centerfire, .45, and leg matches) because YOU still have to do the fundamentals (not the light trigger or the red dot). Plus you only need one type of round other than .22; not to mention you can shoot all the matches. If you get a high speed/low drag .45, you won't be able to shoot for distinguished points. And if you can get good with a ball gun, transitioning to a more match specific gun will be a breeze. When I did decide to have a match specific gun made, I selected my gunsmith first, and asked him what I should buy for him to build. That way I didn't buy a gun with goodies that got replaced anyway. I personally don't like "assembly line" match guns, they're always expensive, and I don't think thay shoot as well dollar for dollar with one made by a gunsmith you talk to that has his own shop.

Page generated in 0.03845 seconds with 8 queries