View Single Post
Old August 15, 2001, 04:08 PM   #12
Mal H
Staff

I'm posting this in public for you and any others who may be faced with the same situation. No reason the question or advice should be a secret.

DCR's right. I got my clearance from the AEC (now DOE) about a year earlier than his family member and there was no problem concerning my shooting activities then nor has there been since and the number of clearances has grown since then including most of the 3 letter orgs you can think of. The funny thing about getting and keeping a clearance is that your friends and neighbors all think you are in trouble big time because, as they put it, "the FBI keeps asking me questions about you, what did you do?"

One piece of sage advice I got early on is to keep a copy of any and all questionnaires you fill out and, as someone said earlier, be absolutely truthful on them. You want the copy because in the future when you might need to fill out another, you want the dates and events to match perfectly. For instance if you say you moved to Podunk in June of 19whatever on one questionnaire and in May on another, that is a red flag even though it was strictly a memory thing.

Page generated in 0.03679 seconds with 8 queries