View Single Post
Old April 11, 2013, 09:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just ducky
Price really isn't a consideration at this point...for the most part. My P250 needs the grip to be about a 1/2 in longer. I just want a good quality double action 9mm that fits my grip.
There isn't any reason to spend more than what you can buy an SR9 for. It is the thinnest double-stack 9mm on the market, and even as thin or thinner than a 1911. It's not a DA, but has a manual safety so that you can carry it safety on or off. The trigger action is a pre-cock system where the later stage of the trigger pull will complete the rearward travel of its striker, but it is shorter and crisper in comparison to a Glock albeit about 1# heavier. http://www.ghostinc.com/ has several trigger reset bar options that will lighten the pull to fit your needs at $20 - $27. Since the SR9 breaks down into sub-assemblies, changing the reset bar is a piece of cake and even at the 3.5# level, they still have an option that's rated tactical or for LE use.

I have large hands with long fingers and generally prefer a polymer framed pistol in .45 ACP because of the larger/longer grip dimensions but I have no problem with the SR9 grip being long enough while it is very narrow compared to other double-stack 9mms and the mags hold a very comforting 17 rounds.

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries