View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Freakdaddy

Thanks for the compliments cw...much appreciated! As far as the camera goes, it's a Sony DSC-H7 which is basically an 8.1 megapixel point and shoot style with a few added features and I always use a tripod. For lighting, all I use are the clamp on style work lights with the cheap aluminum dome that you can pick up at any hardware store and I use 6500k rated flourescent bulbs. For this picture, I used four of them clamped to the back of a couple of bar stools.

I do use Photoshp Elements 10 for image editing but all I ever do is sharpen and might adjust the colors a little. On this one, I did have to darken the face on the watch as the numbers ended up getting blown out from the lighting. On the ones with the white background, I will adjust the levels a little more to blow out the background to make it as white as possible then I usually have to darken the object a little after that. For that one, I believe I had 8 of the clamp on lights and that is on white seamless paper I picked up from B&H Photo and it works great for long guns.

Not a real high tech setup or an outstanding camera but somehow, I've figured out how to make the combination work LOL!

Page generated in 0.02586 seconds with 8 queries