View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 08:14 AM   #103
gaseousclay

Quote:
I'm not sure that is accurate. I think a lot of non-conservative and/or minority gun owners are out there but they keep it to themselves since it doesn't fit in with their political party's public stance.
I said non-conservative, minority gun owners are horribly underrepresented. so yes, they're out there but they do not make up the majority of gun owners in this country. For example, I almost never see minorities in the hunting community. Here in Minnesota the only minority group I know of that actively hunts are Hmong. I'm sure there are Native Americans that hunt as well but most are of white, European descent. I also almost never see minorities in gun stores, whether it's to purchase a firearm for self-defense, hunting or for fun. Again, they probably exist but not to the same extent that white, conservatives own guns.

as for fitting in with fitting in with their party's political stance, it swings both ways if you're a Democrat. Some Dems think gun ownership is anathema to the Party, likewise, some Republicans will criticize Dems for owning guns because it doesn't measure up to their principles. I've said it once and i'll say it again, gun ownership crosses party lines and has nothing to do with how an individual votes during an election.

Page generated in 0.02891 seconds with 8 queries