Thread: New Miha mold
View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 09:29 PM   #27
Stick_man

Well, I just got my mold from Miha on Friday. It took 5 days from when I sent payment (via Paypal) to arrrive at my doorstep. Excellent! Looks fantastic. I couldn't wait to give it a try, so I quickly cleaned it up with some Dawn dish soap and hot water to remove any remaining cutting oil from the cavities, then followed that up with some brake cleaner/degreaser. I put some handles on it and promptly heated it up (resting it on the top of my casting pot while my lead heated up). Knowing these molds like to run hot, I let my alloy get up to 700 degrees before I poured my first. Started with one cavity, closest to the pivot point, for 2 pours, then added a cavity. Poured 2 more, then added a third. Then the 4th cavity and all was going well. I had each configuration set up, small round hollow point, large round hollow point, pentagon hollow point, and solid flat point. After 2 pours with all 4 cavities filled, this baby was producing works of art. Once again, Miha has lived up to his reputation. Other than cleaning remaining oils off of the mold, no further work was needed. The boolits fall off the pins as soon as the mold is opened. Even the penta pins do great. I am very pleased with the newest addition to my stable of molds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 432-640s.jpg (147.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 432-640 lg hollow.jpg (127.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 432-640 penta.jpg (123.6 KB, 31 views)

Page generated in 0.03953 seconds with 9 queries