View Single Post
Old July 6, 2010, 01:58 PM   #59
briandg

Quote:
Me.. I love people. I love people so much that I will spend my life in jail just so another person could LIVE their life. Any thug who respects human life so little that he will pull a gun on a person for money isn't just someone I don't approve of.. they are someone I hate with a passion.
Thanks, you summed up my thoughts pretty well. A thug is someone to stop. Period. whoever you are, if you have the opportunity, can do it safely, all that other bs....

The reason you stop him has nothing to do with the purse he is stealing or $50 from a stop and rob. small property crime means nothing.

You are keeping him from shooting the neighbor's son. You are stopping him from raping his daughter. Abducting his grandchild, knifing or beating his mother or grandmother, or even your own grandmother as she walks away from the pharmacy with two months worth of oxycontin. When people are in danger, everything that makes people great and noble requires at least an effort to stop it.

Sometimes it is shooting the guy and taking his gun.

The rest of the time it is turning in the worthless little punk down that happens to be your nephew, sitting on the jury instead of making an excuse, picking up "bargains" that fell off of the truck, or even giving your kid the case of beer for the graduation party.

This is all the boy scout good citizenship that I learned when I was 5, and it still rings true, because it's pretty obvious that abandoning it has not done us a whole lot of good.

And BTW, in case anyone wonders, I don't love people, I hate them all. The chances are that whomever i might someday die defending would turn out to be some hellbound moron that I wouldn't let in my house. Should that stop me? NO. A cop wouldn't do it, because he has made the decision to defend the public, and excluding losers who don't deserve it isn't the right thing to do.

Page generated in 0.03019 seconds with 8 queries