View Single Post
Old April 26, 2015, 07:14 PM   #1
SVO

Colt 38 Super Slide Assembly

I recently picked up a Colt 38 slide. The gentleman I got it from couldn't tell me anything about it other than it's for a 1911. The right hand side of the slide reads "Gold Cup National Match" with the trophy symbol. The left hand side of the slide reads "Series' 80 Colt MKIV", below that reads "Gold Cup National Match". The bolt face of the slide is 9mm/38 Super size. The barrel hood is stamp "-38 Super NM-". Rear sight is a Elliason style. Barrel bushing is the collet style, and has no markings. Barrel has the taper up to the muzzle like for a collet style barrel. I also have the recoil spring, spring plug & the slide stop; there are no markings on the plug or the slide stop.

I don't find any reference to Colt having built a 38 Super model Gold Cup. And the slide is not off of one of the 38 Super Elite Gold Cup models. I have seen references to Colt making conversion kits for 45 ACP to 38 Super but I thought those were either pre-series 70 or series 70. Is this possibly a factory conversion kit for a series 80? If so, it would have been nice to have the box & papers for documentation. Comments?

Page generated in 0.03054 seconds with 8 queries