Thread: Deer Roping
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2007, 08:21 PM   #12
john in jax

My hunting buddy is closer to 70 than 60 and retired, he gets to spend way more time in the woods, than I do. Last season he shot a hog that might have gone 200 lbs. He climed out of the tree stand, walked up to it, took a picture of the hog (complete with a big nasty head wound) with his cell phone, sent me the pic, and gave me a call. We talked for a few minutes and he even took and sent me another pic.

Deciding the hog was way too big to drag with all his gear, he went to his truck and offloaded everything except for his flashlight and cellphone, then strapped into his orange drag harness. When he got back to where the pig was it was gone. He knew he had the right spot because of the blood on the ground, but the pig had woke up and wandered off.

While searching the area he had a very chilling thought . . . what would have happened if the pig, that might have outweighed him by 50lbs, had woke up while tied to the harness which is securly strapped to his torso.

He's never without a little .22lr revolver these days, and never tries to drag anything out without a "for sure" .22 to it's forehead.

Page generated in 0.02091 seconds with 8 queries