View Single Post
Old October 18, 2004, 02:34 PM   #27
Pat Rogers
Member in memoriam

Marty,
I'm not sure if you ever read the article in question.
In the event, i listed one very experienced class of shooters that quick peeked everything. We did a Sims run where i placed a BG role player in a blind corner.
10 of the 13 quick peeked. Once they saw the BG, they backed up away from the corner. All 10 then received a full mag of MP5 Sims (this was a carbine class, they had long guns too) while they were standing around with their thumb inserted into their waste ejection port.
Three pied, with their gun up, and all 3 delivered solid hits on the BG before he could react.
Granted, this is one class. However, i have seen this repeated, by cops, military not involved in DA, and in civilian classes over a lot of years.
I will also rely on my own experience having walked around this particular block once.
Jeff has coached for me several times at Gunsite. We have set up Sims scenarios regularly to see how untrained people react. I didn't write that article because i had nothing better to do on that particular day, but rather that i was tired of seeing people attending these classes who were practicing dying on a regular basis.

I am comfortable in my statements and TTP's.

Giving up space is not good. Doing nothing is not good.

Pat sends
www.eagtactical.com
Pat Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries