View Single Post
Old May 31, 2002, 04:10 PM   #11
Senior_rifleman

Brembo, may I speak to you as a Father to his son. The recessing of a flat crowned barrel is a concession to clumsy shooters who cannot break themselves of the habit of bouncing the muzzle of the barrel on the ground/cement/whatever. In addition the act of machining a rifled barrel may, in itself, adversely affect the accuracy of the barrel. In the words of the sage," If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Oh my young eagle,with respect to your comments on Optical sights, how I admire your youth. Once I was young and could with piercing clarity discern the rear sight, front sight and target. But time is a thief who robs us of our depth perception and consequently which forces us out of the ten ring. The telescope is our road to salvation! The target and the crosshairs appear to the eye to be in the same plane and our bullets again strike the ten ring. All is well if we only remember that every telescope contains parallax. All scopes with adjustable objective lenses provide the means to reduce or eliminate parallax for the range to target. Finally, my skin crawls at the mere thought of mounting an aimpoint sight on a precision rifle. That is the shooting travesty of an unatural act which will be swiftly punished by abnormally low scores. My son, you are on the road to unprecedented accuraracy, but beware of listening to excessive amounts of technoCrap on your way to the ten ring. Farewell my son and shoot well.

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries