View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Exit_Wound

Background Checks, Hi Cap Mags...

Etc...

I'm a relatively new, but fervent, gun owner with some questions about these issues... I realize this might be a controversial post, but I write this in good faith, not just to instigate name calling, hostility, or the like...

I am a huge proponent of the 2nd amendment, and also of personal responsibility. I just wonder what the argument is against legislation requiring background checks for gun owners and limits on hi cap magazines.

It seems to me that if you're a responsible, law abiding, non-criminal, you would be in favor of universal background checks. It just seems logical to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of felons, the mentally ill, and, frankly, people who owe taxes or are in default of federal loans.

Is there something I'm missing?

As far as high capacity magazines, I read on one of these forums that if you need more than x number of bullets in your gun, your problem isn't the lack of bullets in your magazine, it's lack of people fighting on your side.... seems logical to me, no?

Five children escaped the sandy hook tragedy while the maniac changed magazines, if he had to do that more often, it seems logical that more lives would have been spared. Or at least given a non-insane, responsible gun owner time to react and defend...

All I'm saying is that, while the specific terms of the background checks, or the actual number of bullets in the legislation can be debated (i.e. 10 vs 15 shot mags, or if owing taxes should or shouldn't not be a factor), the practicality of such legislation seems logical.

Again, I just want to say that these are real questions in the hopes of getting thoughtful, intelligent replies.

If your response is that 15 round mag limits mean that the terrorists win, or that background checks will include a requirement that Obama punches you in the throat, you can save it.

Thanks in advance!

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 9 queries