View Single Post
Old September 11, 2012, 10:15 PM   #12
XL650 Owner

The only press I have is the Dillon XL650 progressive with the case feed and also powder check station. Love the press but I can see where it might be better for pistol rounds and carbide dies. (Made an easy modification to stop primer feed during setup or adjusting if anyone has a 650 and is interested. Surprised Dillon doesn't do this) I have always loaded 30-06 but ran the brass over the lube pad before dropping in the brass hopper. That was as mentioned before 15 or so years ago. Now I am back into it with my son, loading 30-30 and just wondering if something new has come out during my absence from reloading to handle the lubing of the dies. Or if not new maybe a better way of dealing with it. I saw the lube die and thought maybe that might be easier. Though I didn't see if there was anyway of telling if it was getting low on lube. Just looking for thoughts and ideas on the subject of lubing cases for a progressive I suppose.

also I reload cause its cheaper. If I can keep a 2 or 3 inch group at 100 yards I'm more than happy. I'm not really concerned with accuracy per say, I shoot more to just shoot. Hit, the can, swing the plate, ring the bell. And spending time with my son. Being able to light a match at 300 yards isn't what I strive for. I am sure there are lots of things I could do to make my rounds better but I just want them to go bang and not BOOM.

Last edited by XL650 Owner; September 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.03086 seconds with 8 queries