View Single Post
Old January 12, 2007, 09:25 AM   #7
benedict1

Quote:
A Lee press will get the job done, but they qre the absolutely bottom of the heap qwuality wise. Of course, the price reflects that.

This is just not right. I have a Classic Cast Turret Press that will outlast me and my grandchildren. It is steel and cast iron. I have a Load Master that churns out rounds as fast as I can feed it. It has an aluminum casting, aluminum turret and steel shellplate/carrier assembly that are all precision made. I'll stack these presses up against anything available in the market on a price/performance basis. IMHO they can't be beat.

Lee equipment is designed using materials that fit the job. Wherever a part is made of nylon or plastic is always an area where if a user error occurs, then the inexpensive part will give way before something bad really happens due to too much force. Some people confuse this, sadly, with poor quality or cheapness. Nothing could be further from the truth.

This type of comment, based on no data, helps no one. People seem to get irritated because a company can make tools that do the job very well, for a long time, at half the cost, or less, than other presses. If spending twice as much to get the job done gives somebody peace of mind, okay. The other companies mentioned make good stuff too. But let's not confuse overbuilt with quality---

Page generated in 0.02179 seconds with 8 queries