Thread: Hi-point
View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 11:19 PM   #43
Wreck-n-Crew

i love my hi-point 40 S&W

I have owned several guns including a S&W 9mm, S&W .357 magnum, h&R 22 revolver, Taurus .45 acp and a jennings .22 semi-auto belly gun to name a few.

But i have ran 480 rounds through my hi-point 40 S&W without a jamb using everything from reloads to w to winchester jhp.

The fact is that not all cheap guns are not malfunctioning guns. Hi-Point has the approach in their design to be mechanically sound with a balance of cutting manufacturing cost by using a combination plastic and a cast molded slide with only the necessary machining to cut cost.

From an engineering standpoint, they attempted to make it function well but left out focus on bulk.

My gun is accurate. I go to the range and my groupings have me moving the target back to 35 feet when most use 18 to 25 ft and use nicer guns mostly consisting of 9mm.

Its a little to big, but still fits for conceal carry and has a nice balance with low muzzle climb. Also it is a little heavy. Also, unlike any cheapo i have ever seen, you can shoot any round through it, Brand, reload, hallow point, doesn't matter.

But everything considered, this is the best cheap semi-automatic i have ever owned or shot. and it is the only cheap handgun that the range and armory has for sell and rent. They trust it enough to let someone shoot it at their range says something for a place that sells all of the good guns Walther, Glock, S&W, Beretta, sig sauer to name a few.

My recommendation is to try one if you have a few hundred dollars, you might be surprised.

Page generated in 0.03304 seconds with 8 queries