View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Likeapuma

Updated HR214/LEOSA?

Updated HR214/LEOSA?s updated to include military law enforcement, such as MP's, active & retired. Obviously, active duty has to comply with unit/duty station regs, but my question is regarding retired, or discharged soldiers

A bunch of my fellow MP friends are claiming that the only requirement to carry concealed is military paperwork (erb/dd214) stating they were former MP's & received training for the job.

The requirements of "Retired" are that they:
"separated from service in good standing with a government agency as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of ten (10) years or more or separated from such an agency due to a service-connected disability after completing any applicable probationary period of such service"

Most of the guys trying to use this, that is know, we're only enlisted for 5 years, so this wouldn't apply to them, correct? I just want to know, trying to look out for my brothers in arms. If they are covered, even better news!

I've contacted the resident state trooper here in CT, but he was pretty clueless, since it was only updated a few weeks ago

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries