View Single Post
Old August 15, 2010, 11:50 PM   #10
Dr. Strangelove

Legal? In GA, yes. Foolish? Assuredly.

As a Jeep Wrangler owner for 14 years, I understand the man's dilemma. There is just simply no good way to lock a soft-top jeep.

It does become a problem sometimes if the Jeep is your only ride. As much fun as Jeeps are, they do present some unique problems. At least with a regular convertible, you can always just lock something in the trunk.

When carrying any valuables, but especially firearms, I plan my trips so as to avoid having to stop anywhere. It's a pain, but it's the responsible behavior.

If it was unavoidable to stop (suddenly needed brake fluid, for instance) I would either just risk it for a few minutes, or walk into the front of the shop, remain where I could see my vehicle, and ask if an employee could grab a can of brake fluid for me because I have some valuable items in an open vehicle that I need to watch.

I certainly wouldn't just walk into an auto-parts store carrying a rifle.

If I was in an auto parts store and someone walked in carrying a rifle, the next sound you heard would be the alarm on the fire exit going off. I would also hope that the employees had tripped the silent alarm if so equipped.

Having said that, I was in a gun store this afternoon when a man walked in carrying a shotgun... no alarm went off in my mind, it's an expected behavior.

Drawing on the guy would not be defensible unless you felt your life was in danger, and may well result in jail time for you.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries