View Single Post
Old September 3, 2011, 07:07 AM   #5
PawPaw

We use Swift Optics scopes for mid-range shooting. It's a line that not many people know, but those who know it like it a lot. For some reason we've gravitated toward the 6X18X44 and have a half-dozen in the family. They're rugged, dependable scopes at a friendly price-point. I'm not saying that it's the same quality as a Nightforce, but it's a damned fine scope for the money. My son and I were discussing that scope the other night and we agree that it is perfectly acceptable for 600 yards, but we both think that it's not quite suited to shooting beyond that range. If you haven't looked at Swift scopes, give them a look. I think you'll be surprised.

Another sleeper in the low-end scope market is the Simmons Whitetail Classic scope. We've got a couple of these in the family and it's a heck of a deal on a low-end scope. Midway USA has them on sale fairly regularly and I see that today it's on sale at $124.99. My second son has one on a Model 111FV in 7mm Rem Mag. That scope has been on his rifle for six or seven years and it is holding up well. I've got one on a Model 10 in .243 and really like that scope for what it is. Again, it's not a Zeiss or a US Optics, but it's a damned fine bargain scope that is serving us well.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.02643 seconds with 8 queries