Thread: Fusion Firearms
View Single Post
Old August 29, 2011, 04:05 PM   #50
Flakbait

I bought a 6 inch longslide 10 MM Fusion for about $1500 about 2 years ago for hunting. Bob Serva, the CEO, was a pleasure to work with and quickly responded to my emails and phone calls. The serial number is in the 300 range (Fusion is a small outfit). It took six months to build and the gun runs like a champ. Only problem to date after nearly a thousand rounds was that the a screw securing the magwell felll off from the hard 10 mm recoil, and I had a local gunsmith drill a deeper hole for the replacement screw.

For a custom 1911 in 10 MM, there are not a lot of other choices. I think the old Dan Wesson company made a production 10 MM and Colt has made the Delta Elite with past issues with quality control. A Custom Nighthawk, Wilson Combat, etc is at least twice the price. I think Serva said that a large percentage of his guns are 10MM and he had less than a dozen staff members at the time. That's my experience.

If you want a trouble free experience, buy a glock. Tight, well-fit 1911's are finicky by nature and very ammo sensitive. I missed an oportunity to bag a nice SOW we happened to drive upon because I was not carrying cocked and lock (only had a full magazine on an empty chamger). It took me several tries to feed the hard cast Double Tap bullets into the chamber and the Hog darted into the woods probably laughing at me doing my tap rack malfunction drills. I blame that failure to feed on the ammo not the gun.

Last edited by Flakbait; August 29, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.02426 seconds with 8 queries