View Single Post
Old September 4, 2008, 04:43 PM   #13
D. Manley

Quote:
Glock doesn't like reloads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More so than many companies. In their early years Glock became notorious for denying warranty work on their guns that failed, claiming it had been fired with reloads. This used to happen a lot. I don't know if it is still the case or not, but they company got a reputation (probably not deserved) for ducking out of fixing their guns by saying the problem was caused by reloads.
I've never known Glock to deny a warranty claim and to the contrary, I have known them to R/R an awful lot of them that rightfully should have been denied. If anything, my experience has been that they go to extremes in their customer care department.

Quote:
Another "story" was that Glock was so against reloads that all the brass they generated from test firings was sold as scrap, and only to scrap dealers who would sign a statement that the brass would not be reloaded.
On this, I tend to think "story" is appropriate. Glock sends 2 fired cases with every new pistol. Of the 5 Glocks I now own and the 20 or so more my shooting associates own, every single one came with Blazer aluminum fired cases. Here, I tend to believe Glock simply uses the cheapest thing available for testing not, as an anti-reloading stance. Keep in mind, "Team Glock" (Glock's sponsored shooting team) uses reloaded ammunition exclusively in competition.

Page generated in 0.02278 seconds with 8 queries