View Single Post
Old September 24, 2005, 06:48 PM   #9
Doug.38PR

y'all are probably right. I was always kinda leaning towards NOT approaching them and doing something like the last poster said, and that is getting them in a position where I could see all their limbs and holding them at gunpoint until the police arrived.
Besides, I wouldn't do a thorough enough search anyway. There are too many places they could hide weapons that I wouldn't know to look or even want to look if I did know.

Also, somebody mentioned that I can't shoot if they are stealing my car. Texas law says that you can use deadly force to not only protect your body but also your property and the property of your neighbors. Now some ACLU or NAACP or some other slick pack of trial attorneys will likely and have contest that, but I'll have it before a jury before I would fear them.

Also, as far as cocking the revolver, I would only do that if I HAD to approach the criminal, and I would secure my thumb over the hammar and my index finger away from the trigger. But as I said, I would not approach the criminal just position them where I could see their movements and wait for the police.
As far as any LEO decocking my revolver, I have always said that I would not only decock it as I saw the police car pulling up, but holster it and hold my hands in front of me so they could see that I mean't no harm towards them and saw that I had no gun in hand. They would be more able to focus on the true criminals than me and hold on to my gun if they needed to without having to approach me with so much caution

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 8 queries