Thread: Most accurate?
View Single Post
Old March 20, 2005, 09:18 PM   #1
onthedrums

Most accurate?

I know this has been asked to death, and I know they're are as varied opinions as they're are cartridges.But disregarding all the little variables that come into play in benchrest shooting, I'd like to know what everyone's opinion on the best cartridge for this would be out to 3 or 4 hundred yards.I've been shooting from the "bench" for almost 30 yrs. trying to get the most out of my rifles, so I'm not at all new to guns, hunting, or target shooting.I've done alot of accurizing on my own stuff and my buddies have also turned to me a few times for different things including load developement.My varmint guns are my favorites because I seem to always shoot better groups with them.Top dog in my pack is my little custom 722 Remington in .222.
I'm planning on building me a benchrest type gun for my next project as I'm just finishing a custom Mauser in 30-06 for hunting.
Not really for serious competition, just want something really straight shooting.(Having to buy new dies ect. isn't an issue just so you'll know.)
I've done some research on this and studied lots of match results but I'd like to know you guys' opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 8 queries