Thread: Should I??
View Single Post
Old September 19, 2013, 08:09 PM   #2
tahunua001

ahh, quite a dilemma to be sure. the CC receivers are rare indeed but the lack of a parts matching bolt does hurt the value. the problem is that even with a new bolt from numrich that CC receivered gun still has the monetary value of a parts matching, mum removed type 38.

me being an arisaka lover would personally get the bolt and keep it around as a shooter, the CC is harder and harder to come by as more and more are sportered and they will appreciate in value much faster than mum stamped rifles. and who knows, maybe one day you'll get one with a matching serial number, no idea the serializing scheme on the CCs but if they matched the mum style then there are at least a dozen bolts out there with the same number on them

or if you don't want a mix master arisaka lying around you could trade it as is for a de-mumed t38 and sporterize that. I've seen a few sporterized arisaka that were works of art, I would love to hand one that was tastefully done but I would also rather have a CC parts matching rifle instead so you can take that for what it's worth.

Page generated in 0.02504 seconds with 8 queries