View Single Post
Old November 17, 2012, 06:02 AM   #34
9mmfan

"Town gun", or concealed in "civilization" is either the Glock 19 IWB, or the 642 in the pocket.

Woods handgun, Cimarron Model P, 5.5 inch in .45 Colt.

I have a Cimarron Thunderer, 3.5 inch, also in .45 Colt for a back country New York reload, but it is back in Fredericksburg for some warranty work right now. Can't wait to get it back and procure a huckleberry rig for it.

I don't currently hunt, as my schedule/location doesn't allow too well for me to complete the field portion of the Texas hunter safety course. I hope to move fairly soon, and my revised lifestyle should allow for said education.

That being said, I don't feel like I would rush out and buy up a Ruger or a .44 for whilst out away from running water or telegraphy.

.45 Colt in standard pressure, was by all accounts, reasonably formidable from 'round 1873 until 1935. With the advent of the .357 Magnum, it was neutered. We all know Patton used that for his "killing gun" and his .45 SAA was just for show.

In all seriousness, carry what you feel comfortable carrying. If I didn't feel like my rifle or my backup, which will remain the .45 Colt, could handle what I was up agin', I would beat a hasty retreat for my truck, ATV, or whatever else might give me a means of escape, or at least higher ground. Until someone invents a patented guaranteed death ray.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries