View Single Post
Old June 17, 2009, 09:17 AM   #76
Webleymkv

Quote:
Yeah, I mean... if the government dares teach reality-based biology and sex-ed, as crazy as it is to teach scientific facts, they had damned well better teach gun stuffs!

I'm all for firearm classes in schools, because it certainly fits in with my position of firearm licencing being roughly equivalent to drivers licences. Sounds fine to me... but do people here reject basic science that includes the fact of evolution? Really?
When in my post did I ever reject science? My point is that if schools can teach things like evolution and sex-ed that many people find objectionable, why should firearms safety be some sort of special taboo? What I'm getting at is that there is a double standard: someone who objects to their child being taught a theory they don't believe in is some sort of reactionery zealot whose opinions should be ignored, but someone who objects to their child being taught how to safely handle a relatively common item is a prudent parent whose opinion should be taken very seriously.

Page generated in 0.02865 seconds with 8 queries